Conversation in the car on the way home this evening:
Not sure what was said before this. But my ears perked up as soon as I heard this statement below:
Wyatt: Because I have Jesus in my Heart.
Whitney: Well I have Jesus in my heart too!
Silence - but the squeaky wheels of Whitney's brain spinning.
Whitney - Does mommy have Jesus in her heart?
Wyatt - Yes ( but said drastically, like "duh")
Whitney - Daddy? (this goes on for most of the family)
Wyatt - Yes Whitney and if people don't have Jesus in the heart they are foolish people and bad guys.
Hmmmm, think it's time for me to interject...
Me: Wyatt, how do you know about people being foolish if they don't have Jesus in their hearts?
Wyatt: Fishers of men song at school.
Me: Oh, ok. Well people are foolish if they don't have Jesus in their hearts but it doesn't make them bad guys. In fact, if they don't have Jesus in their hearts it's our job to teach them about Jesus.
Wyatt: Well, ok but I'm not telling the "for real" bad guys. For real mom, I'm not!
Me: Ok. What would you tell the other people about Jesus?
Wyatt: That Jesus loves them no matter what, and that he beats up the bad guys with his fists, like this (5 year old beating up an imaginary bad guy)
Me: Smiling and speechless.....
I told this story to Wyatt's Kindergarten teacher. After laughing she did want to clarify that they do listen to the song Fishers of Men in bible time but the song does NOT mention Jesus beating up the bad guys with fists.
Kids say the cutest things!!
No comments:
Post a Comment