Monday, June 30, 2008

We are home and sooooo happy (and tired)!


We are home!!!!! I never thought this day would come. So here's the scoop on his arrival. Last wednesday (6/25) when we went to our normal doctor appointment we found out that I was dilated to a 2 and had high blood pressure. And, the doctor couldn't tell if I broke my water or not so she did an ultrasound and found out that my fluid is real low. Sooo... they sent us upstairs to labor and delivery for observation. As soon as I was hooked up we realized I was having contractions. This was at 9:00 a.m. by 1:00 p.m. I was dilated to a 4 and my blood pressure was not going down. So the doctor came in and said "OK, Looks like we're having a baby today!" So they decided to go ahead and induce and because she wasn't sure if my water broke or not decided to do the epidural (this was done early as a precaution because of my placenta issues-it was a just in case we need to do a c-section). Which I was very grateful it was done early because I didn't really feel the pain of the contractions (that is until I started pushing). So by 6 pm I was dilated to a 9 and by 7:15 pm I was pushing and he was born at 9:18 pm. Longest 2 hours of my life. But the most joyful after seeing our beautiful healthy baby boy! Ironic part is we still don't know when my water broke. I was having some bleeding issues on Tuesday so we think it probably broke then. Kind of weird because you would think you would know when it broke but honestly nothing ever gave me a clue. So now we are home and Wyatt is 5 days old! Unbelievable. My mom has been staying with us since we came home on Friday and she just left to go home and I'm crying like a baby. We could not have gotten through these 5 days without her. I wish she could stay forever. She promised to come back next weekend if we need her. I told we will need her. I know we'll do fine this is just a new chapter for us that's a little scary. We are now responsible for this amazing, beautiful, healthy, loving baby boy! Now to talk about our amazing son.....he is a great baby. He is very laid back just like his daddy-thank goodness. He only cries for a second when you change his diaper but he is really good at calming himself down. We went to our first doctor appointment for him today and he has already gained weight. I tell you one thing for sure..this boy can eat!! He concerned us at first in the hospital because he kept spitting up but we finally found a formula that works and he can't get enough of it. It's hard for me to put him down I can sit and stare at him for hours. He is already making the funniest faces. I will post in the baby album section some pictures from delivery and some recent pics. I think I made this journal entry long enough and I will try to update it as often as possible. We would again like to thank everyone for their prayers and support through my pregnancy and Wyatt's birth. We are overcome with love and joy and can't wait for everyone to meet him!

No comments: