Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Wyatt had his 4 month checkup yesterday and he weighs 13.5 lbs and is 24 1/2 inches long. He got 2 shots and started running a fever yesterday and today he has croup. We talked to the docter tonight and we have our orders. We did the steam shower and then took him straight to the freezer to breathe the cold air. He seems to be in a pretty good mood despite his "barking". It sounds so painful. My heart breaks for him. Loving on him after he gets shots is one thing but when your child gets sick. Oh my goodness, the world stops and all I want to do is love on him and make the sickness go away. David was supposed to leave today to go to the deer lease for opening weekend. But he is staying to see us through the night. If all goes well he will leave in the morning. I'm so glad he stayed because I don't know if I can get through this without him. This was us this morning before he started feeling yucky. I was the football referee and he was the football player and the bottom half of his costume is a football. He was sooooo cute!!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

You guys look great! How's he feeling? I hope lots better - it's in a mommy's dna to do whatever possible to make it all go away..... i remember crying when isaiah threw up for the very first time (now let's see, was i crying because he was sick or because he threw up on the brand new carpet?!!??? just kidding.)

Misty said...

that is such a cute picture. sorry about poor wyatt's croup. tyler used to get that and i've spent many hours in the steam showers. poor little guy! call me if you need anything while david is gone!