Sunday, October 11, 2009

Flu, Flu Go Away!

My poor baby Wyatt has the FLU! It all started on Thursday a.m. Woke up with a slight fever and as the day went on his fever got higher and higher. Called the dr and she said make an appointment for the morning. Something told me we weren't going to make it until the morning. At 4:30 pm he had a 101.6 temp so we gave him Tylenol rechecked his temp 45 minutes later and it was a 102.8! Immediately called the dr and she said go to the ER. So we went.... and after a lot of poking, prodding, temp checks, weight check, chest x-rays and flu nose swab test we found out he had the fLu! (Those of you wondering yes he did get the flu shot and the test was negative for Type A a.k.a The Swine Flu). So they gave him a prescription for Tamiflu and a cough medicine.
We are now on day 4 of the fLu and he is still MiSeRaBlE! Poor baby is still running a fever, has now lost his voice from all the coughing and crying. The only thing he wants to do is get in the car and drive around. He grabs my keys and drags my purse to the door and says in his poor groggy/scratchy pitiful voice"bye,bye". We have had to fill up the car 3 times in the last 4 days. But that's ok because this is just about the only place he'll sleep. He has spent the last several nights in bed with us for several reasons. 1)I'm scared if he'll have a reaction because he's taking 2 new medicines on top of his tylenol and motrin every 3 hours and 2) he wakes up every hour on the hour in the middle of the night. Sometimes I just want to cry because he can't use his words to tell me what's wrong. I wish I had the flu instead of him. How miserable and helpless he must feel. He's taking a nap in his bed right now which is a sign (fingers crossed) he's feeling somewhat better. I'm sure he'll be up in time for the cowboy game so "hey boys can you do us a favor and play an amazing game and win today! I don't think I can take a grumpy/sick baby and a grumpy husband all in one day!"
P.S. The adorable blog/header picture is thanks to Wyatt's amazing teachers Ms. Jessica and Ms. Alyssa. His first school art project! Momma is so proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor baby! Sydney has been missing her "Iatt."