So the thought of Wyatt earning money for chores has come up quite a bit in conversation lately. I've given it a lot of deep thought. Is too early to start this, how much do you pay etc. So we tried a few things out. Started first with a chore chart, which did NOT work out well. Because that requires the parent to be very consistent with checking said chore chart EVERY night. Not my deal. Plus, it made me feel like he was getting rewarded for things he should be doing anyway. Then I came across chore cards on Pinterest ( of course). Found one I liked and had my amazing friend Kim at Gypsy Rhetoric make them and voila, success!! The chore cards are amazing! Wyatt now asks what can he do to earn a punch. Parents, your possibilities are endless with this and not limited to things they should already be doing. Soooooo his first job, take the recycling out and the cart to the street. He jumped on that so fast and dare I say, enjoyed it! Oh boy, these cards are going to be fun!
Oh and the payoff, a trip to our treasure box (filled with $1 target toys) or a new app on the ipad (99 cent app that is).
Interested in the chore card? Send my friend Kim a message via her etsy store.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GypsyRhetoric?ref=search_shop_redirect
No comments:
Post a Comment