Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Bumper is Back...it only took 5 minutes.

Update: Wyatt is now on his 3rd ear infection. According to the doctor odds are pretty good he will be getting tubes in the next couple of months. Oh boy. Good news is despite his ear infection he is still in good spirits!

Wyatt's bumper on his bed has been driving me crazy lately. They tell you "Oh no, you should never put a bumper in a baby's bed." But if I didn't I would have 30 pacifiers under his bed because instead of trying to find it in the middle of the night I just get a new one. A child with bruises on his body because he keeps bumping his head and getting his arms and legs stuck thru the railings. However, I also have a gigantic fear of the bumper being in the bed. I have many sleepless nights where I look over at the monitor and his face is right up against the bumper and I have to go move him. So...today I thought I would try without the bumper because I really want my precious, wonderful, amazing sleep back! Well....it lasted 5 minutes. As soon as I put Wyatt down for his nap it got really quiet real fast. I thought there's no way he went to sleep that fast. Oh, we weren't asleep we were gnawing on the bed! I couldn't resist taking pictures. Then, I moved him back to the center of his bed and 1 minute later he was screaming because he had rolled over and hit his head. Ok, that's it. Bye-Bye Sleep, hello bumper. Oh, well. If it wasn't the bumper waking me up in the middle of the night I'm sure it would be something else.

Wyatt decided to help me put the bumper on but....

got distracted by the tag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big and he is so cute!