Saturday, January 24, 2009

Looong Weekend

Well, our long weekend started on Thursday morning when Wyatt started throwing up after his first bottle. I stayed home with him because David was leaving for a 4 day hunt. I thought it must be a 24 hour bug I'll be back at work tomorrow. WRONG!!! He woke up Friday morning with major diarrhea and a fever. Poor Baby. Its Saturday now and he is fever free but still has the diarrhea. He probably still has it because he refuses and I mean refuses to drink anything but his bottle with formula. I've tried every trick. It's actually been pretty comical to try and trick him. I put a bottle on the floor next to him with flat sprite in it. He got real excited and got the bottle, put it in his mouth, took a couple swallows and practically threw the bottle across the room (Well just maybe next to him but there was true force behind the throw). Then he proceeded to scream in baby language "Get me my real bottle!" So now he's drinking watered down bottles and hopefully today will be the last day with diarrhea. Yesterday afternoon he took a 3 hour nap! Yes 3 hours - I almost didn't know what to do with myself. I took the opportunity to start the 2nd book in the twilight series. Anyway, after the nap he seemed to be feeling pretty good (for a little while anyway) and had quite the "nap hair-do" going on so I seized the opportunity to take some pictures. And that's when all his true colors started showing. See below...

Love the hair. This was after a 3 hour nap!


Yeah, I'm starting to feel better bring on the sweet potatoes!




Oh wait, I think I need a diaper change.


Ok, I'm getting a little frustrated. Notice the gummy cry. Absolutely no teeth even trying to show.



I couldn't resist this picture. Isn't he pitiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! If only Sydney would figure out the napping thing. Good for you to read a book during that time. I'd lay down and take a 3 hour nap too!

Misty said...

ok, that is hilarious!!!!!!! so sad, but so funny on that last one. i haven't got much reading done this weekend, maybe we'll have to take turns driving to canton and read to each other :) ha ha

Cathy Sparkman said...

That 3rd pick is priceless! Glad to hear his fever has gone down. You might try Pedia-lyte instead of Sprite next time. lol. Cracks me up he threw it across the room...

Kerri said...

Thank you for the best laugh I've had all weekend.....not laughing at all because he's sick, but those pictures - oh my!! Happy to hear that he's feeling better.....