Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beautiful Day

What a beautiful day today was. After church, lunch and quick nap we took Wyatt to the park for some fun in the swing, climbing on the playground equipment and a long walk. He is such a funny baby in public. I can't wait to see what he'll do when he's walking and talking. On second thought I might be in trouble when he can. He is very into whatever is going on around him. He loves to people watch and say things and wave to babies, adults (and dogs). I'm hoping this means he will be an independent and sociable child. David doesn't have a shy bone in his body (once you get to know him) me on the other hand, I was extremely shy growing up. I didn't really open up until college. And still in certain situations I can be pretty shy. I'm pretty sure Wyatt takes after his Daddy. Can't wait to see what the toddler years will bring us.

Update on his ears -We went last Monday to see the ENT to check out his ears (which were fine) and talk about tubes. Scheduled his surgery for May 27th (that was the earliest they could get him in - Yikes) and then 3 days later we had an appointment with the pediatrician for a recheck on his ears and iron level. And guess what....He had ANOTHER double ear infection. For those of you who are counting that's ear infection #6! This boy definitely needs tubes ASAP! The dr gave us extra antibiotic and said just keep him on it until the surgery. Needless to say we're counting down the days to tube surgery. Even though he's had a tough time with his ears that has not stopped his mojo. He is all over the place and just started last week pulling himself up on things to stand and then letting go. This is such an exciting time. I think he'll be walking pretty soon!!!




He sure does love to swing!!!


This is the Hi Mommy aren't I so cute that you don't see me getting the cd of the table picture.


If I could only hear his thoughts in this picture. "I think I can, I think I can!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great day! Poor Wyatt and his ears! It will be such a relief once the tubes are put in!

Cathy Sparkman said...

Wow, another ear infection? My goodness, I hope those get better once he has surgery and gets those tubes...