Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Let's get this over with...

This morning Wyatt had tubes put in his ears and I'm so glad it's over with. Last night I could not sleep. Even though I worked for an ENT doctor in college I was still nervous. And I just kept saying to myself nothing to eat or drink after midnight, nothing to eat or drink after midnight. I am a creature of habit so I was worried when he woke up I was going to go straight to making his bottle. We got to the surgery center around 7:15 they took us back about 7:45. Went through all the paperwork, told us what to expect and then we had to wait for the dr. he came in around 8:20 answered a few questions and then they took him at 8:27 and called us into the consultation room at 8:34. For those of you adding that's a whopping 7 minute surgery! When they called us back to recovery they didn't even have to show us where to go because we heard him screaming! He was flopping around in the nurses arms trying to get away. Poor baby had no idea what was going on. It took about an hour for him to calm down and once we got home he slept for 3 hours! He is now back to himself and doing great. Hopefully this is the end to ear infections and antibiotics!

"Let me check these things out first, before you put them on me."

"Ok, I'm good with it. Let's get this show on the road."

Cuddling with his tiger on the way home. Poor Baby.

3 comments:

Misty said...

i told you the surgery was quick! here's to tubes and no more ear infections for that precious one! glad it went well! :)

Anonymous said...

At least he looked handsome!

Anonymous said...

I know you have been waiting for this day for a long time! It is so worth it and you will see a change in Wyatt for the good!