Friday, July 16, 2010

Croup & Colic. Yuck!

That's right, croup and colic have knocked on our door and let themselves in. Wyatt has croup and Whitney has colic. Wyatt started with a barking cough last night so I immediately took him to the dr today for fear of passing whatever it was to Whitney. As long as we keep Wyatt away from Whitney we should be ok. This task will be hard because he loves her sooo much. His favorite thing to do with her is when she's crying to give her her paci. Surprisingly enough and so incredibly sweet she takes it much better from him than she does us.
Our incredibly sweet, adorable, beautiful baby girl has C-O-L-I-C. I know those of you that have experienced a child with colic have already said a prayer for us and hopefully sending over a bottle of wine (J/K). Dr says she has it but I'm not entirely convinced because she's not crying for 3 hours straight. BUT she is incredibly fussy and refuses to go to sleep until she's been up for 4 hours. This usually happens around 8 to 10 pm and lasts until around 12 or 2. Good news is when this happens she'll usually sleep for 6 to 7 hours afterwards. Dr also said should go away by 3 months of age. Yeah! Only 2 more months to deal with it! Ugh! I think she just has a minor case and hopefully it won't get worse before it gets better.
On a side note - Overall both children are doing amazing. Like I said earlier Wyatt absolutely adores his "itney". He loves loving on her and taking care of her if she's crying (by shoving paci in her mouth). Whitney is now 4 1/2 weeks old and as cute as can be. It's been easier with the 2nd child but interesting (meaning the girl parts - not to get graphic but that's a whole new ball game - so many cracks and crevices to clean).
David Leaser (Leaserphotography.com) is coming over on Sunday to do her newborn pictures and Wyatt's 2 year old pictures. He always does an amazing job. I'm already anxious to see the pictures and we haven't even taken them yet!

This pics have nothing to do with what I wrote about but wanted to share them anyway...
Here's Wyatt doing his version of cooking dinner while Mommy cooks dinner.

Our precious little angel taking a nap.


No comments: