Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Time

So it seems like just yesterday my daughter was born and now she's 6 months old and it's Christmas! Where did the time go?!? The last couple of weeks have been very busy around our house. Wish I had pictures to capture them all...but I don't. The flash bulb on our camera just bit the dust. Evidently the only way to fix it, is to mail it off and it could take up to 6 weeks to get it back. Who's not a happy camper....ME!!! It's Whitney's first christmas and I need to take atleast 200 pictures. She only has about 10 different Christmas outfits that she needs her pictures taken in. Argh!! Some of these pictures are not the best because they were either from my phone or an old camera. We did buy a fancy new flash to put on top of the camera that only weighs about 10 pounds. And I have no earthly idea how to use it. It came with a manual that looks like it's in English but I don't understand a thing it says. So Santa, can you please mysteriously return the flash and bring me a new camera. Nothing fancy just something to get the job done. As close to professional as possibly though. Thanks. Now onto the pictures...

This is the last picture I took before the bulb went out. So it's also the only picture I have of us decorating the tree. Wyatt was a GREAT helper (for about 10 seconds). I'm hoping next year he'll help for atleast 20 seconds.



Last Saturday we had our first christmas gathering at my moms. Didn't get alot of pictures, cuz we couldn't figure out the new flash. Those pictures turned out very scary. Here's a few that turned out.
Whitney enjoying the bag NOT the gift.


Look who got a buzz lightyear backpack!!! He was so excited. Christmas will be soooo fun this year with him. Can't wait to see his reactions to opening the gifts.



Chilling out last sunday after his bath.


Wyatt took his shopping at Market Days at the school very seriously! Alex did such a great job helping Wyatt pick out the perfect ornament. You might think we put this very valuable, time consuming ornament on our tree....Nope, I have no idea where it is.


These pics were from Wyatt's Christmas party at school. He totally has the "cheese" thing down. If we could get him to look at the camera while he's saying Cheese. Now THAT would be an accomplishment.


This is not a great picture but I had to post it. Wyatt was so excited about the book he got at their book exchange. Look at the vein poking out of his neck. He wanted to tell everyone!


Taking his gingerbread house craft very seriously.

Oh look, he is looking at the camera saying cheese.


My little ham.


I get to see Wyatt pretty much all day since I work there, but I never get to spend time with him in the class. He's figured out that party days I get to sit down with him and he gets SUPER pumped about it. We had soo much fun.
Do you see the awesome shirt I'm wearing. My kiddos teachers surprised me with this t-shirt. It's a wreath with the hand prints being wyatt's and the footprints Whitneys. Thank you so much girls. That is a gift I will treasure forever!


Whitney loves Santa Claus.


This picture has quite the story to go with it. I got off early one afternoon and left the kiddos at school. I received a text with this picture and got so excited and a little teary eyed. What a surprise my children are with Santa and smiling! Whitney will smile at just about anything or anyone. Wyatt on the other hand is more cautious with his smiles. And Santa right now your not on the list to receive smiles (unless your at a distance). Well, Ms. Ashley Norris had mistakeningly walked into the office with her plate of cake. Wyatt got excited when he saw cake. They couldn't get him to smile so Ashley put her cake on her head and stood behind Lizz, while Lori was making Whitney smile. How many Sloan teachers does it take to get my kids pictures with Santa? Evidently 3. Thank you so much for capturing this memory for me. Love it!


Last tuesday we went to basspro for pics with Santa. Here's Whitney being such a trooper hanging out in her stroller. It was her naptime but she did great.


Here's the pic. Notice, I'm in it :( We were the 4th family in line and all the kids before us did great. Wyatt was even waving to santa while in line. But as soon as we got up there everything changed. I handed Whitney to Santa and turned around to get Wyatt. He came very easily to me but preceded to clinch his knees for dear life. That boy has some serious strength in his knees. So needless to say I stayed in the picture because by that point the line was really long and I didn't want Wyatt screaming to freak out all the other kids. Oh well, maybe next year will be better. Dont' know why the pic is turned the wrong way. Sorry.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Fun, great pictures! Your little Wyatt is such a funny guy - and so darn cute! Love that little hat he always has on...even at naptime! Whitney will be one before you know it so enjoy!!!!

p.s. I have the large marge flash too...it's HEAVY!