Saturday, March 5, 2011

The other morning at 2 am:
David: (barrels into the bedroom where his amazing wife is SOUND asleep): "Where's the camera"
Amazing Wife (that would me!): "The what?"
David: "The camera"
Me: "It's 2 o'clock in the morning. WHAT in the world do you need the camera for?"
David: "There's a racoon on top of the house and he's eating our house!"
Me: "Seriously? I gotta see this"
We then find the camera and sleepy head me goes outside to investigate such silliness.

Sure enough on top of the house by the skylight there seems to be a very large racoon picking at what looks like to be the sealing around our skylight. I tell David "racoons don't eat houses, maybe he drug something up there." Oh gross, now there's a racoon and who knows what else up there. After more discussion the events later unfold to be an episode from the animal version of candid camera. David takes pictures of the racoon in hopes the gigantic, lighting bolt simulator flash will scare the racoon off. Nope! He poses for the camera instead.

Then David gets the brilliant idea to throw sticks at him (no worries the sticks never hit him). Nope.

David makes somekind of weird animal noise called "squalling". We're making progress because he comes down to the patio roof line. Then stops and sits.

Hmmmm. What to do now. I know. The previous owners left a grocery bag full of marbles and a slingshot. Now I know why. At this point in the morning it's 3 am and the stupid racoon is mocking us so you bet I had the idea to sling marbles close to him to get him off my roof so I could go back to bed. Well, the slingshot was really old and broke so we threw marbles at him. Stupid racoon was trying to CATCH the marbles. I think he thought it was food! At this point I am very, very MAD. So I tell David good luck and good NIGHT! I get snuggled back in bed when what do I hear outside but a raging war of water hose vs. racoon. Guess who won.....a very wet and mad racoon! Stupid thing never came off the roof. Haven't seen him since though! We won, we won!!!


Say cheese!



We went out to eat with David's dad on Thursday. It's so much easier to go out to eat now that Whitney can sit in the high chair. It will be even better when she can eat table food. She's just now getting her first tooth and it's taking FOREVER!



Big girl with her big girl sippy cup.


These pics are great! They were taken right before I had a major allergic reaction to something that got on my hands then I touched my eye. My eye was swollen shut within minutes. Benadryl didn't work so Friday am had to go to the doctor to get a shot! We must have a running theme in our family to having allergic reactions.




Can you tell how much she has him wrapped around her little finger. Watch out David this is just the beginning.


Evidently this is what Wyatt thought he needed to wear on the way to take his sister to the doctor yesterday. Safety goggles and binoculars! Only he can pull that off!


After we got back from the doctor for my allergic reaction we got a call from the school saying Whitney has cried all morning (which she never crys) and was running a 101.7 fever. So we got back in the car picked the kids up and took them both to the doctor. Wyatt was working on a yucky nose all week so we decided to have him looked at too. Whitney has a virus with a bad sore throat and Wyatt has a sinus infection. $90 in copays in one day. Crazy stuff but so grateful it's just minor illnesses and everyone will be better soon!




1 comment:

Caryn said...

Love the raccoon story...that is so like my husband!!!!!! Cute little kiddos...keep taking those pics.