Wednesday, August 6, 2008

6 Weeks Old Today


Again, I can't believe it but Wyatt is 6 weeks old today. I am overwhelmed with how much I love our "bubby" (that's our nickname for him-not sure why it's just what we started calling him). I also can't believe how much he has grown in the last 6 weeks. Everyone tells you to enjoy it while you can because they grow up so fast. You think, yeah, yeah, it doesn't seem like it's going very fast when your getting up at the 1 am and 5 am feedings. But today it really hit me. He really is growing up fast. I was looking at his newborn pictures and I can't believe how much he has changed. Not only in size but in personality. I'm pretty sure he's close to smiling back at us. He smiles all the time when he's about to doze off or while he's sleeping. Well I noticed last weekend he started smiling more with his eyes open and he wasn't sleeping. But he also wasn't looking at me. Then today when he got up from a nap (a very, very short nap) he was in the best mood. So I was talking to him like I always do and I swear I caught a smile. It was right after the picture taken above. I got teary eyed and so overcome with how incredibly blessed we are by this amazing little angel. How in the world did we ever live so long without him! The countdown is on until I have to go back to work (Aug 18th). I will miss my special times with Wyatt ( of course by special I do mean anytime I get to spend with him). Who knew you could love changing a diaper so much just to get to spend time with your precious child. We had to put Wyatt on medicine for Reflux. I wasn't sure if he really had it or not so I held off on calling the doctor. I'm not a big fan of immediately resorting to medicine to fix something. Well, after talking to friends with children that had reflux I do think Wyatt has it. If anything we caught it at the very beginning. He's been on the medicine for 2 days and seems to be doing better. Instead of crying when he wakes up he just hangs out in his bed and makes the most adorable cooing noises. As I'm typing this Wyatt is snuggled in his daddy's arm finishing his bottle so I better go sneak in some more time while I can.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

oh my goodness!! he is just precious!! i can't wait to see him in person!!! love the pics of him too!