Well, we survived our first week back at school. The beginning of the week was great. I thought I can handle this getting up in the middle of the night, going to work, driving 2 hours every day, cooking dinner, giving wyatt a bath, and putting him to bed...And then thursday morning happened where I didn't even hear my alarm go off. It finally caught up to me. I was running on adrenaline at the beginning of the week and it quickly fizzled. Now I'm running on fumes. However, Wyatt and I did have a great first week. He is doing great on his schedule (thanks to the help of all the teachers) and seems to be adjusting to the long car ride. It was a great feeling for me to be back at work and constantly busy. However, I do miss spending time with Wyatt and he's so exhausted by the time we get home that he's passed out and we have to wake him up for his feedings and then he passes out again. So we don't get much playtime in, but I'm really hoping once he gets used to everything that will change. He makes up for it in the mornings, he is in a good mood and after David feeds him he is smiling and talking up a storm. We had to take him to the doctor on Friday morning because for 2 days he has been very congested. He has his first cold. I thought it might be allergies but she said it wasn't. It's probably because he's at school and is around a lot more germs than his body is used to. Despite the cold he seems to be doing pretty good. In fact Wednesday he started eating 5 ounces and at the doctors office we found out he ways a whopping 11 pounds. So cold or no cold the boy can still eat!
Last night Wyatt got to finally meet his Aunt Lindsay and Great Grandma and Great Granddad. He put on Quite the show for them with lots of talking and smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment