Monday, September 22, 2008

My amazing boys!



When I looked at the picture below I started to tear up thinking about how much this picture means to me. This time last year I was struggling with the fact that yet someone else in my life was pregnant and it wasn't me. Was I ever going to get to hold and love and cherish a baby! Little did I know just a mere month later our 2 year (very long) wait for a precious baby would be over. It was so hard to wait and my faith was constantly challenged but when I look back today I am oddly enough grateful for the wait. It gave David and I more chances to bond as husband and wife through some pretty tough times and solidify our marriage even more before we bring this precious life into our world. We are amazed by our "bubby" every day and still can't believe God has blessed us with such a miracle. I hope we can live up to Wyatt's expectations. I know he has fulfilled everyone of ours and he can't even talk yet. So to my amazing boys I love you more than you will ever know!!! I have to stop typing now because I am crying tears of joy!!!



David is taking Wyatt on their "just the boys" walk. He takes him to a special tree and they talk.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I can't thank you enough for what you wrote. Please don't stop being my prayer warrior -- God is so good, and His timing is perfect (even though it's so hard sometimes.....)

Misty said...

so precious...tears! i'm so happy that God gave you this blessing of such a sweet boy, just wait until he starts grabbing your face and kissing all over it! :) it's going to get even better...

Mike and Kim said...

Your feelings of overwhelming joy will only continue to grow...to the point of gushing...your cup runs over doesn't it??? Thanks be to God, always.

Continue to nurture the "us" in the three of you. It is perhaps one of the most challenging things when you change from couple to parent, in my opinion. It is an uphill climb, truly, to remember Michelle and David were first...before Mom and Dad. And don't get me wrong...the uphill climb does not necessarily indicate a negative ...just SO SO easy to slip into "parent mode" all the time! Nurturing your marriage is the grandest gift you can give Wyatt!